- Water is the district’s cost to buy drinking water from a wholesale water provider and to deliver it for consumption and firefighting throughout the district.
- Sanitary Sewer is the district’s cost to collect and treat our customers’ sanitary sewage at the WCID #1 wastewater treatment plant.
- TCEQ Regulatory Assessment is a monthly charge mandated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the state agency that regulates water districts in Texas. The fee is .5% of monthly water and sewer charges.
- Garbage Collection is the district’s cost to contract with AmeriWaste to provide garbage collection services.
- Texas Sales Tax is required by the state to be collected on garbage services only.
- Fire Protection Fees were approved by the district’s voters in 2017 to provide a steady revenue source to the Dickinson Volunteer Fire Department (DVFD) to pay for the equipment they need to provide firefighting services throughout Dickinson. The fire department receives no other guaranteed financial support.
- Property Tax is an annual tax levy for repayment of WCID #1’s bonds and for maintenance and operation purposes.
The rules and regulations of the district can be found in this ordinance. The current WCID #1 rates are in Exhibit A at the end of the ordinance.
For the current WCID #1 property tax rate, review this ordinance.